Monday, May 02, 2005

Chapter 11: We could make language a complete impediment to understanding. Oh wait. That's English... OR A facial expression is worth a million words.

I just saw an Elton John look-a-like picking up trash outside of our school. Weird.

Anyway, I want to tell you the strange happenings of my weekend. So I went to the Priest/Laruel dance on Friday, thinking that it could be fun, and if not, well, oh well. So I go, and I start to hang out and dance with Darcy, Michelle, and Sariah (sorry if I spelled anyone's name wrong). And I'm looking around and noting everything (cause that's what I love to do, so there Steven) and I notice these crazy kids from Enterprise. Totally in their own little world, dancing their own little dances, so yeah. It was interesting. So then I'm sitting down underneath this little fake tree eating my animal crackers, and one of those kids from Enterprise comes and sits next to me. And I think, well, hey, he might be a nice guy, might as well talk to him. And he asks me what my name is, and I tell him, and then he introduces himself as Mike, and then he stops and says, "You know, you're the shortest girl here." Pause. What the heck do you say to that? Um, yeah, glad you noticed and that that's the only reason you're talking to me? So he just goes, "Yeah, well, I just noticed cause I'm pretty short and I always look for the shorter girls, you know?" And I'm thinking, yeah, ok, this is a little creepy. And then his friend comes and sits down with us. So Bern comes up and I introduce him while frantically thinking STAY, STAY WITH ME, DON'T LEAVE but of course he leaves. And then Maegan comes up, and thinking she'd take the hint and stay I introduce HER and then this Mike kid goes "Oh, by the way, we're wrestlers." So of course Maeg is immediately creeped out and leaves. So finally Darcy comes and so I said I needed to get a drink of water and I left. SO Darcy and I start walking around outside cause it was pretty nice and I didn't want that kid to find me and dance with me. And all this time, I was just thinking, where the crap is Steven, I need to talk to him, and of course during this time he and Logan slipped off somewhere and nobody knew where they were. So we had fun walking around outside, until we wanted to find Steven.* (Insert story later). So we're in the back of the building where there are no lights, and we see a light on in one of the classrooms. So we creep up to the window and listen in, and I said that I thought it was Steven and Logan. And then Steven laughed and of course I knew it was him, and so I knocked on the window, and they come out, and Steven starts to walk around the building with us. And then Conk joined us the first time round, and Darce had a bad experience with Conk's Jeep so she went inside.** And let me tell you, the most fun I had all night was walking around the church and talking with Steven and Conk. It was so much fun. But then we got...kicked...inside? We had to go back in so I joined my posse again so that I could be protected if my stalker friend decided to turn up again. And then. We're standing in a circle, and I'm standing funny, demonstrating how you have to stand when you say a certain phrase (don't ask, cause I don't remember) and my stalker friend comes up and asks me what I'm doing. And so I quickly say that we're just making fun of each other, and Michelle snatches the oppurtunity to save me at that exact moment. See, the universal girl signal to save someone from a stalker is to just start yelling "help! help!" So I go off to "help" Michelle, and we end up in the hallway by the drinking fountain. We're standing there talking and laughing about it when Michelle thinks she hears him, and what do you know, he pops up from around the corner and cries "There you are!" Now really, I would have paid to see all of the looks on our faces when that happened. Our jaws dropped, there was a moment of stunned and horror-filled silence, and Michelle, once again, comes to my rescue. We all run to the bathroom and hide there for about fifteen minutes. Well, Michelle, Sariah, and I ran. Darcy, my wonderful samurai warrior woman marched behind us to protect us.

You know what? The bell is going to ring in a few minutes, so I have to go, but I'll continue this later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I know exactly where you're coming from. I once had a guy follow me to the water fountain. I saw him out of my peripheral vision just waiting to snatch me, so I drank for like 1 minute and with no looking back walked out the back door. He didn't follow me. Then a few dances later there was a clown there who made balloon hats, so it was really easy to spot where he was on the dance floor. I just had to look for the big pink flower.
-Jen

Beckah said...

Wow. That really comforted me somehow...

Anonymous said...

hey I so tryed to give you the hint to come with me by saying "I'M GING OVER HERE." Oh well, it is done and over with.

~Maegan

Beckah said...

How do you ging? Just out of curiousity... ; )

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.