Saturday, May 14, 2005

I like pina coladas, getting caught in the rain!

Actually, I've never had a pina colada, so I can't say if I would like one or not. But I DO like getting caught in the rain, which did happen today. It was soooo much fun. I decided to take Abish on a walk, and so I'm walking by Birnie Park, and it started to sprinkle. And I got excited, and spoke to the clouds and insisted that they could do better, and within a few minutes they insisted that they could as well. I was walking around the cemetary and by the time I started home I was already soaking. But I slowly made my way home, and it was a lot of fun, especially the strange looks I would get from the people driving by. I was a little disappointed when I got home, because I expected to make a grand entrance, and no one was home. So I dried Abish off and changed, and it was incredible. My hair was sopping, my coat was soaked, my shirt was wet, my pants were drenched, my shoes were sodden, even my underwear was aqueous (a delightful word that I just picked up) and it's amazing how many synonyms for wet there are.

And I was incredibly happy when I came home. I haven't felt so much joy in such a long time. I think Steven was a little weirded out, because I spoke to him for a short time, and he seemed a little put off by my elation. But then I started watching BBC while I finished my math homework, which was really easy, and I was able to catch Keeping Up Appearances. And I couldn't be happier. So now I'm going to go read some of my depressing book before I go to bed, but be happy because tomorrow is stake conference, and I'll get to see Raage at church. So I bid you all a fond farewell, and invite you to join me the next time it rains, in an aqueous adventure throughout the town. Godspeed, brother!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.