Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Listen, buddy, smarter men than you couldn't save my reputation, so what makes you think you could?

I'm sorry Steven! I would have talked to you, but I was inside and my telepathic powers couldn't pick up on the signals because I was watching TV. You'll have to be a little more clear next time.

Today was a glorious day. I think I freaked Maegan out a little after lunch because I was so happy, but it was such a wonderful day I couldn't help but be cheerful. I walked to early morning this morning, and the dew was still on the grass, and it all smelled so fresh and cool and green and beautiful. Then I went to school early so that I could finish my math homework, and since the sophomores were in the library testing, I went out into the little courtyard thing with the picnic tables to work. I finished my math really soon, and so I just sat out there in the warm sun listening to the birds singing for about fifteen minutes. It was so awesome. Then of course the bell rang really loudly, and I was like, great, school. But then, I decided to go home for lunch, mainly because I couldn't stand to stay cooped up in the school on such a wonderful day, and I really enjoyed the walk to and from home. As I was walking home, I realized just how happy I was. There was a bounce in my step and my heart and whole body felt light, and I was filled with an intense sense of gratitude and love for my Heavenly Father and the Savior for creating this beautiful world. It was just so........awesome. I can't think of any other way to describe it. With the exception of all the couples making out on the field, it was a perfect afternoon.

I felt like skipping down the halls and I proclaimed my joy when I saw Jill and Maeg and Bern walking down the hall when I threw my arms out and cried "Let us celebrate this day of happiness and love" or something to that effect. That's why Maeg was freaked out I guess. She had never seen me that happy. But it was a glorious day. My spirits weren't lowered even though I knew it was Wednesday and so I had to do my job, and work on my AP review, but I took Abish on a walk and that was thoroughly enjoyable, just to be out in the fresh air.

I'm currently reading The Secret Garden, and that's all I thought of while I was walking around, how Colin and Mary and Dickon believe that it's Magic that's making everything grow and making Mary and Colin healthy and strong. I couldn't help but agree, because it's so amazing that it almost seems like magic. *sigh* I love spring.

So everyone be happy, and feel the joy and love that's radiating from, well, me at least, and from the trees and birds and everything wick. Enjoy life, and remember that there are always better days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't freak me out. It was just kind of weird I guess. Plus I was sick to my stomach so I wasn't in that good of a mood anyhow. I was a beautiful day though.

~Maegan

Beckah said...

That's right, you were a beautiful day

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.