Saturday, April 23, 2005

"You need to re-acquaint yourself with you." "I've done that over and over but it makes me sleepy."

I've just had a very interesting day. The house was all mine for most of the day...well, most of that day so far. I got up at about ten (which is amazing, considering that I went to bed about three) and cleaned and worked on some stuff (not homework though. Ha ha.) and then I went back to bed for a little while. But while I was in bed, I kept hearing the house settle, and then I could have sworn I heard footsteps. Being in my room most of the time, I know what footsteps sound like down there, so I started freaking out. So I crawled out of bed, real quiet-like, and got Sting (my handy plastic sword. Don't laugh. It would have helped a little.) and started up the stairs very quietly, sword in hand and ready for attack. Of course, I got up there and there was no one there. Whatever. I went back to bed.

So then after a shower and more cleaning, etc., I decided to take Abish on a walk. So I'm walking down C, and I see this little beagle ahead of us. Well, I wanted to avoid trouble as much as possible, and so I started down a side street to avoid the dog. And what happens? The little wart follows us. Every once in a while I would glance back, and there was this beagle, just standing there looking at me, about four feet away, every time. So finally Abish loses it and starts barking at her (I don't really blame her, the thing was SO ANNOYING!). So the thing runs away and we continue on our walk, slowly making our way back to C. So we're sitting at the corner, and of course, this huge truck with two big dogs in the back of it pulls up at the corner. Abish starts flipping out, and while I'm trying to hold her down and tell her to shut up, her collar comes off and she goes tearing after the truck, which of course, just turned the corner and is driving off. It took me about a second to start yelling and sprinting down the street after her, and finally she slows down and runs the opposite direction. After about two blocks, I catch up to her, and she knew she was in huge trouble. She just layed (lied?) down, and I started yelling at her and stuff. And the whole walk home, she just walked really slowly right by my side. She knew she was in big trouble. And I wanted to cry, it freaked me out so much. What if she had gotten hit? What if she just didn't come back? Freaky.

So while I'm contemplating this horrific event, Steven shows up (thank the heavens. I thought I was going to hurt someone I was still so shaken up. And I just totally put "shooken" before I changed it. Ha ha.) and so I had someone to tell about my strange day so far. Oh, and during this time, Isha showed up. She was there when I came back from the walk from the black lagoon. Anyway, we couldn't hang around here, cause we're "not allowed to have boys over when the parents are gone," which makes sense, but it's like Steven, so anyway. So we left, not really knowing where to go, but I suggested we to Riverside park, which we ended up doing. And spent like two and a half hours wandering the riverside (ha ha. riverside. Riverside Park. I didn't just get that, so shut up.). It was really nice, the area was beautiful (or at least interesting) and we didn't talk very much. Just wandered along till we came to a place where we couldn't go any further, and then we turned back. But it was very relaxing, very fun in a quiet, comforting way.

So there's my strange and interesting day, and there's still many hours left, so I may have to come back and add to this tome (though it's not very scholarly, it's still pretty long). Sorry if you got bored halfway through, but it was fun for me. So.....ha?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Sting" ba...ha...you make me laugh. Your such a Lord of the Rings dork, but then again so am I.

~Maegan

Beckah said...

Shut uuuuup........

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.