Friday, April 22, 2005

Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Like choking.

Today is an amazing day. It is a historic day. And it is a happy day. Do you know why? It is an amazing, historic, happy day because I am happy. I am truly happy. I haven't been truly happy in a very long time. I still have problems of course, but my life is so simple now. I can sit down and fix all the things that are wrong with me without interruption. But I am happy. In fact, no only am I happy, but I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back.

There is sunshine in my soul today. Which is what I'm listening to right now. How bizarre. I watched Singles Ward last night and now I'm listening to the soundtrack. I didn't even think about that. Shut up, Abish. I am very content at this moment. Melissa is gone tonight for a while, and then tomorrow I get the house all to myself, like, all day. You know how excited that makes me? I can relax, and listen to music really really loud. Even though I'll probably end up watching weird movies, eating lots of food, and singing and dancing around in my underwear. What more to life is there?

I wish luck to Steven for his tennis match, Maegan at her softball game (or games) and Raage at his track meet. Go team. I'm a loser who doesn't play sports and just sits at home and blogs all day. But Raage and I were discussing this earlier today. If I played a sport (a real, permitted sport. They don't let girls play baseball. Warts.) I think I would do track. I would want to do hurdles. I did that once in 8th grade, and it was definitely my favorite event. But I'm always afraid of starting a sport this late because I feel like I wouldn't be good at it. I guess that's what training is for, huh. Still. But I do want to get in shape. Maybe I'll learn a sport over the summer and play next year. Who knows, however? I may not even be good enough to participate. Which would crush my heart into pulp and then blend it with my self-confidence in a giant blender, which would then be served to the coaches for lunch. So I either have to do really well, or forget the whole idea.

I love music. I think it's a drug for me. I could listen to all kinds of music all day. Well, excluding hip hop, rap, and country of course. But so is doodling. If I'm stressed or just tired, I turn on my music, get a pen and a notebook, and just doodle and sing or listen to music for hours. It's very stress-relieving. And please excuse the poor spelling in all of these. I've never been a very proficient speller. (However, my vocabulary is quite large. Hmmmmmmmmm.) Anywho, I'm going to go eat something and veg for a while. Love to all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I happy your happy and now I am happy to. We lost our games though. I'm not upset at all because we only lost by two the first game and then by one the next. Yes I know very shocking. Oh well.

~Maegan

Anonymous said...

Yes, we won our match. We played 2nd seed today, which is like 2 seeds above us already. But we still killed the other team. Micah and I were on fire today, it was fun. But, I happy for you Beckah. I must be connected to your brain or something, because on the bus ride there and back, I felt really strongly that you were doing alright, and that things were going to be ok. But, I'm at Coops house right now, and Conk and I are over watching the Garfield movie. Conk, the idiot, forgot to bring his playstation so we could play dance dance revolution... so we don't have much to do.
But way to go Beckah, keep it up.
-Steve

MRSX said...

Welcome to the Happy Day. Im caring the torch part of the way for you my friend for I too..
think this is a Happy Day!

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.