Wednesday, March 01, 2006

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." ~Groucho Marx


Ah, I haven't seen a Marx Brothers movie in so long. I miss them. They have become family to me. I grew up with them, and they will always be a part of Liz and I. Such fun.

I feel like crap. That pretty much sums it up. I'm not going to go into detail to avoid grossing anybody out, but it is not fun, and I can't taste anything. I'm also kind of worried, because I'm not really hungry (which usually happens when you're sick) but I should probably eat something anyway. Oh well. I'm sitting here in the library blogging because I don't have a lunch and Mollie's not here and so I have nothing to do. Donnelly said that I can drop AP Lit but I need half of an English credit, so I might switch into 2nd period American Lit with Katelyn, so that I can have fourth free. Max is trying to convince me to stay because I'm almost half way through, but I've thought about this a lot, and I'm pretty sure that I don't want to stay in a class that is taking up so much time and energy and I'm not learning a thing. Sure, I can get college credit for it, but I didn't get credit for AP Comp and I learned so much more in that class. We'll see. I told Donnelly that I'd think about it and get back to her tomorrow so I have the evening to think about it. Though my plans were to go home and sleep until rehearsal. Oh well. I'll have rehearsal. But I have a shotgun in AP Lit today (though what it's on beats me, considering we're supposed to be working on individual projects and we haven't learned anything recently, not to mention I haven't been here for the past two days) and I have a test in Calculus, which I'm not taking because I haven't been here. Life is crazy. And with the musical and being sick, I don't know if I can handle it all. So I'll think about it.

I listened to the Edward Scissorhands soundtrack last night, and man oh man, is it amazing. It just gives me goosebumps to listen to it. That movie is so emotional for me. But it's a good emotional. It's not all depressing and dumb, it's very enlightening. I think a lot after that movie, and that's what good movies should do. Make you think. Unless you're sick and just want to shut your brain off for a while, then you watch a cartoon or something. But most of the time I don't like to waste my time with those sort of movies. I like movies that make you think. Or laugh. Or both. Those are the best kinds.

I'm sorry that this is so sporadic. I tried to give a little thought in early morning seminary today and I guarantee that I didn't get my point across. It made sense to me, but then again, I'm on drugs to make me feel better, so I don't know what it sounded like to the others. Probably completely pointless. Oh well. You do what you can. I really want to feel better too. I'm tired of being sick. I'm doing all I can to get better but I just want to know that I don't have to care and feel wonderful and not lose sleep because it feels like I swallowed a stick that is now lodged in my throat the wrong way. But what would I do fourth period? Go home, for sure, cause I'd have an extra long lunch, and probably do my Calculus. My mouth tastes like Throat Coat and cough drops. Kind of a weird combination. See? This all makes sense and is connected in my mind, but you're probably all thinking that I'm absolutely crazy and probably should be taken away by the men in the white coats. With beady red eyes. In the form of mice. But that's Hitch-hiker's, and that's a different story. A very interesting and well-written story, I might add. Wow, I think I'll stop now.

I wish you all a fond farewell, I'm going to go sit on the couch and read a book, or go sit on the couch and look like I'm reading a book but actually I'll just be staring at the words on the page with my mouth hanging open looking like an idiot, so love to all! Shalom

5 comments:

Liz said...

Hold me closer! Closer! Closer! I love the Marx brothers! And you. Hey, how can your mouth taste like Throat Coat and cough drops if you can't taste anything? That doesn't make any sense, Smalls. But you're on drugs, so it is excused. I love you lots. Out of curiosity, which is worse: feeling like there's a stick lodged in your throat the wrong way, or actually having a popsicle stick stuck in your mouth the wrong way?

Beckah said...

Shut up. Jerk. Actually, having the popsicle stick actually stuck in my mouth was not fun. It was there, and didn't just feel like it. And I know it doesn't make sense. I shouldn't be here at school but I can't miss anymore. Oh well. I feel a little better now, I'm not coughing as much and my nose isn't so bad, but now I can't talk and my eye is being weird and red even though it doesn't hurt. We'll see what happens then. Pray for me!

mollie baum said...

Beckah! I'm sorry you were bored at lunch with out me! tomorrow, k? oh wait...freaking Key Club....I MEAN....YES! KEY CLUB MEETING!! (sorry isha) :P but ya, i will see you at rehearsal...Love ya.

Just me said...

ha...mouth hanging out...I know the look...
-Jillian

Just me said...

...and by out I mean open...shut up...
-Jillian

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.