Thursday, March 16, 2006

"Ah, there's nothing like a good didgeridoo." ~Becky Holt


Guess what today is? It's Steven's birthday! Happy Birthday, Steven! Even though absolutely nothing significant happens on your 17th birthday, I'm sure it will be wonderful. See, even this guy is excited about it. But with the musical and all. Not really. Go make yourself a cake. Or I'll make you a cake. Do you want a cake? I'll bring you a cake. And don't share it with anybody.

It's also opening night, which is totally not as cool. And even less cool is the fact that tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day, which means Emily was wrong. Last year we opened on April Fool's, so we thought we were opening on St. Patrick's Day, which would mean that we open on a holiday twice in a row, but that's tomorrow and not today. Oh well.

This is a message to my dear friend Cap'n Shadysheets, AKA Horkley: I hate you! You make me so mad and frustrated! If you think for one minute that I'm going to let you treat me that way you did before, you're wrong! I will seek you out and destroy your pitiful existence! There is nothing you can do that will hurt me anymore! You suck! Eat my drugs, you worthless piece of crap.

Ok, I'm done. I just had to get that out there. I'm super tired and kind of sore, but I am excited and scared that it's opening night. Though we did do a lot better with the orchestra last night than the night before, so hopefully tonight will be even better. I can't wait to perform in front of an audience. Well, an audience that responds. Even though we only had a few people there and it was only final dress, I hate dead audiences. We should have put laughers out there. I remember once when we put Evan Birchfield out in the audience to be a laugher, and it was hard not to laugh yourself because you could hear his distinctive laughter pop out. It was great. Evan is the sort of person who when he thinks something is funny he freaks out. He'd lean forward and laugh loudly and then lean back and chortle. I can't quite describe it, but it was great. Quite amusing. And very contagious. I miss him, actually. I remember when I first went to school with him, he kind of scared me, but then I got to know him a little better by hanging out with him and Liz, and started to understand him better. Then his senior year we worked together on theatre stuff a lot, and we became good friends. He's the sort of person who you would hate and would be really offensive if you didn't know him, the way he explains things is really degrading. But he's very intelligent, and quite funny, and you just have to get over his quirks. We've had some very interesting conversations about politics and theories of time and stuff.

Ok, enough reminiscing. I'd probably better go read Hamlet, as we're supposed to have Act IV done today. So love to all, everyone who can come to the musical, and a very happy birthday to Steven! Shalom

5 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Sis! When you read this, travel back in time for a moment and imagine that I'm wishing you luck on opening night! It's funny, I was just thinking a lot about Evan Burchfeild the last couple of days and missing him. Whoa, we're like in sync and stuff. I miss you lots and lots and lots and lots and I really wish I could have come this weekend. Something important did happen here though, but I'll tell you about that later. Love you lots! Oh, and PS: A swift hypothetical kick of malice to Cap'n Shadysheets, AKA Horkley from Liz.

Just me said...

amen about the digaredoo...or however you spell it. :D
-Jillian

pev said...

Cap'n Shadysheets?

pev said...

Health 2 is boring. BUT THERE ARE ONLY 2 1/2 DAYS OF SCHOOL THIS WEEK! AHHHHH!!!

mollie baum said...

I need a cool name for "you know who" too! help me! you are much more creative. You and jill both have cool ones. and that steven! he shared his cake! we spent all that time SLAVING in the kitchen over that GLORIOUS cake...and he didn't even save it....what a poo-head. beckah, we totally should have taken a pic of that cake...that was something to remember!! lol. i love you, see you soon.

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.