Monday, March 06, 2006

"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon!" ~The Abominable Dr. Phibes


I looked up "bored" in the Google Image search and found this picture. How bizarre. But it makes me laugh. This is what I do when I'm bored. Dress up like an old man that's dressed up as a pirate. What else is there to do when you're bored? Eat Popsicles, I guess. But if you don't have any Popsicles, as I do not, you are forced to sit in the library and blog because there's freaking nothing else to do. Especially if you left your book at home. And did all your homework. And I'm not hungry. I brought a dollar today to pay Katelyn back, but since she's not here, I was going to use it to buy cookies with Mollie. I guess I could buy cookies for myself...But cookies are the sort of thing you share with people. Like rainbows and good books. Oh well.

I don't want to go home either, because there's nothing for me there but a twenty minute walk to and from school. And that's not something I want to do right now. I just want to go home and stay there. Sleep and sleep until I'm no longer sick and tired. It's just ridiculous how long I've been sick and I want it to be done. I want to be healthy again. I want to have fun at rehearsal instead of just sitting around being exhausted and annoyed. I want to be able to concentrate at school and learn instead of just sitting there in a stupor. I want to be able to sing! I miss it so much. Ok, I want to be able to sing well. I sang today but it sounded horrendous, and I don't like sounding horrendous.

Anna just pointed out to me that there are now 26 flyers for military recruitment in the library. 26. All in one place. And there are four of the exact same advertisements for summer jobs for the military in the school paper. Four! And we want to know why there are no alternate job listings or alternate career flyers available in plain sight. I guess we have a topic for SFT tomorrow. Ugh. I hate getting military junk. I've already expressed to them that I'm not interested in the army. I don't want to support an idea I don't believe in. But why can't they provide alternate careers and jobs? Because they want you to believe that the military is the only option. The only honorable career. Well, they can suck my big toe. Fighting is not the answer. Bring our troops home. Stop the killing for a cause that was either won or lost long ago. Who even knows what we're fighting for anymore? Grrr. This sort of thing gets me all worked up. And I just read a little article in our school paper about military recruitment, and how you can get your education payed for by joining the military. Too bad they fail to mention the fact that while on active duty, you might die.

Boredom sucks. I'm dying from ennui. I wish I could just run away from school, take a little while to get better, and then go live with Liz for a while. I wouldn't have to worry about school or homework or the musical or friends or anything else that might cause me stress. I just want to be able to be happy, and that ability is slipping away from me. Little things make me happy, like chocolate, and certain songs, and reading books, and word searches, and curly hair, but I'm just so tired, I don't even pay attention to those things anymore. Ho hum.

Well, in closing, I would like to share a traditional Abaratian song with you, one that's been stuck in my head for a while now, and it gives me some amount of joy in this dark existence of mine.

(to be sung to the familiar tune of "O Christmas Tree")
O woe is me!
O woe is me!
I used to have a hamster tree!
But it was eaten by a newt
And now I have no cuddly fruit!
O woe is me!
O woe is me!
I used to have a hamster tree!


5 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, Sis. Whenever I'm bored from now on, I totally plan on dressing up like an old man pirate. Actually, I think I do play dress up still when I'm bored. It's usually just not theatrical. Just fun. Anyway, fie upon being sick and tired and war and bored and lack of hamster tree! I'm sorry. I love and miss you lots!

Just me said...

curly hair makes me happy...and makes me want to make out with someone...
-Jillian

mollie baum said...

Beckah...i feel like a horrible person! I never see you anymore....not at lunch on monday, not yesterday, and i can't today because i am going to lunch with my mom....I'M SUCH A HORRIBLE FRIEND! Tomorrow? is it a date? I love you.

Beckah said...

Oh, you're not a terrible person. You're just popular. I don't care. But yeah, I do kind of miss you. It's a date, baby. And you can pay me back by having it be your turn! See you later!

pev said...

Stupid book. Why did it have to be in a series? Seriously.

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.