Friday, March 03, 2006

"I wish more art was made with explosives." ~Buster Baxter from "Postcards from Buster"


I had forgotten that I had never posted these pictures. These are from Single Awareness Day, if you hadn't guessed, and Jill and I dressed up for the occasion. We're pretty hot, aren't we? And we're mourning the loss of our nation, so we had to have tear drops signifying our pain. We did not kill anyone. All I can say is I will never go totally goth, cause it takes way too long to get ready.

I really don't want to go to rehearsal tonight. My voice is starting to come back but it still sounds kind of funny. It just sounds like one big voice crack. However, there is something good about it, because the single most amazing thing happened to me today. Well, maybe not, but it's pretty up there. I will put it in blod type just to emphasize the wonder of the event. I sang bass in choir today. In the octave. Seriously. I was going to sing tenor, but I couldn't sing that high, so I decided to sing baritone. But I switched back and forth because some of the baritone notes were too high. How amazing is that. That's a fabulous reality right there. It was incredible. Seriously. I am so proud of myself that I get to say that now, that I have sung bass. Wow. I must chronicle this event because I know that it will never happen again, because I never hope to be sick like this again. But yeah. It was wicked sweet. Udo magnolia and snickers.

The other thing about being sick is it does wonders for your figure. I've lost a bit of weight from not really eating for the past two weeks, and my abs are really tight because the coughing has really been a good workout. Not that I really care, but it was kind of a nice discovery.

Hmmm, what else to talk about? I'm reading Abarat right now, which is a really good book and I recommend it to everyone. I don't have any Calculus because I finished the assignment in class today, which was also cool because it was easy and I actually understood what I was doing. And it was actually Calculus. That's remarkable. I'm going to try and sleep all day tomorrow (besides doing chores and going to the basketball game) so that I can get better. I'm also going to ask Dad for a blessing because I really need to get well and stay well, because the show's coming up, and then there's choir districts, and I really need to rehearse the songs cause I haven't been singing lately. My own part. Ha. Anyway, there really isn't anything else to report, so I think that I'm going to go take a bubble bath with Incredibles bubbles before rehearsal and relax for a little while. Love to all!

Oh yes, and good luck to everyone who is participating in Solo and Ensemble tomorrow. I hope that you all do well! While I'm sleeping! Ha ha! Sorry. Had to throw that in there. I love you all. Shalom!

3 comments:

Liz said...

I cannot believe you sang BASS. That is amazing. Totally udo magnolia. You're so hot. I hope you get better soon. You're in my prayers. I love you lots~!

Just me said...

ohmigosh, completely cereal, i didn't realize it was us. I looked at the picture and was all "what picture is THAT?!" Yeah. But I love the bottom picture especially. You're going to have to send it to me or something! Oh, and I sang Tenor today too! We figured I sang it for Raage, because he couldn't sing. It was a whole "Sam screaming but me pretending it was me" type thing. Good times. We should sing a man duet together ;)
-Jillian

mollie baum said...

Ha! i wore pink that day!

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.