Sunday, August 14, 2005

"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest man." ~Willy Wonka


I love this picture. It's at Hoover Dam, and just the implication it presents is funny. I enjoy it.

I can't write very much, cause we have to pack, but today was a very nice day. All of the speakers in sacrament were very intelligent and I learned a lot. I really felt the spirit today. Sunday School was about getting married in the temple, which is one of my favorite topics. ; ) Well, I love the temple, and I can't imagine getting married anywhere else, so it was a very nice lesson. And in Young Women's we learned about agency from Amy, who I love dearly. She's really funny. But I felt the Spirit a lot and it was just very comfortable. And I got to walk home from church cause Isha and Melissa had BYC, and the weather was very nice. Warm, but with a pleasant breeze to keep things cool. It was just very enjoyable.

I really have to go pack/clean, but I just wanted to say farewell and godspeed to Steven. He's been such a great friend, and I don't know if I can claim likewise, but he's been so patient and kind and a wonderful example to me. I am so grateful that I was able to meet him and become such good friends with him. We've had so many great experiences together, spiritual or just fun, and it's really something I've been needing lately. When I don't have anyone to turn to, I get rather depressed, and I'm just so thankful that he's been there for me, to chastise me or advise me. So thanks, Steven, you're a really neat kid, and I'm so glad that we're friends. So have fun without me, and see you when I get back!

So since I'll be gone for two weeks, ciao to all my wonderful and spiffy friends here, I love you all, and I'll miss you! Have the time of your life before school starts, and I guess I'll see you when school starts! Love to everyone and everything! Shalom

4 comments:

Beckah said...

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have tons of fun. After all, I am going to the zoo in San Fran! Yippee! Camels and zebras!

Liz said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU STILL HAVE THAT PICTURE! I was afraid...I thought...it was destroyed...or lost...I'M SO HAPPY! *happy dance happy dance happy dance* I see you in less than 24 hours! I have to pee!

Beckah said...

Lol I love you! You're awesome and I can't wait to see you!

Just me said...

yeah, i got one of these weird comment thingy's too...creeeeeeepy...
-Jillian

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.