Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I think you just need to get laid.


I thought I would include this picture as a tribute to one of my favorite animals. Don't ask me why I like camels so much. I don't know myself. I just do. I had a dream about a camel once. My mom got me one for Christmas, and I named it Rosie. Then I lost it in Food 4 Less! It was very sad. She was a very good camel.

And sorry for the inappropriateness of the title, I was actually out of good quotes, and then I found this one. I think it's from a TV show or something.

Woah. I can see the moon from the little window facing the compy. It's very nice to have the moon watching over you. I love everything that has to do with night. It's such an amazing time, where you have the most startling revelations, in dreams and in wakefulness. I just was remembering the dream that I had about the temple, and it was so amazing. I wish I could have another dream like it. Now every time anyone says anything about the temple and the work that goes on in that sacred place, I think of that dream, and how I can't wait to go to the temple again.

I was bored while waiting for Liz to come online, so I decided to write in my blog, but then I realized that I really don't have anything to say......you're all cool, and I love you a lot, and I'm grateful for all the advice and testimonies you guys have given me through your words and examples. I have the company of such great friends, and I'm really glad that they call me their friend, even though I know sometimes I don't deserve it.

I'm listening to Enya right now, Tempus Vernum. There are so many good memories attached to this song. Krista Morgan and I used it in the dance concert (which I still need a copy of, gosh durn it!) as our interlude, where I sat on her back with my legs up while she crawled across the stage. It was really hard, and took a lot of balance and ab work on my part. And poor Krista's knees. She had to wear knee pads so that they wouldn't hurt her. And I remember her pants kept falling off cause they would drag across the floor. That was fun. And then on the last night of the show, Chelsea and I, as a prank, opened the show with a techno version of the Pink Panther and did a crazy dance to it. There are so many memories! I remember the night that the violinists were late (we did an improv piece to live violinists) and we were so mad! I was especially mad because we had to wear my costumes for that dance, when it was supposed to be a surprise, because the costumes had so much significance. It was so hard to choreograph my dance and to get everyone to do it, and I got rather impatient a lot of the time, but I was really proud of the class, I think that they did a very good job. I really miss dance. I mean, I dance at home, but I need to learn more technique and become more flexible and stuff, and I can't afford dance lessons. Besides, I don't think anyone does modern here, which is what I really want to do. But BYU has a terrific modern dance program, so hopefully I can get into that when....if I go there. I want to, but who knows if I'll get in? Cross your fingers.

As I was just previewing my blog, I just realized how funny that quote looks right above that picture.

You know, I really don't have anything else to say, and I'm talking to Andrea right now, so too bad for everyone who wanted more to read. I do love you though, so have fun in all you do, and talk to you later! Shalom

6 comments:

Just me said...

heh, pants falling down...that brings back some happy memories of de-pantsing i have done in the past. Anyhoo, yeah, so I just barely realized how close we're coming to making decisions about college. It's slightly freaky.
I don't know, I personally think that camels hot and would kiss it ;)
-Jillian

isha said...

beckah you need to choreograph the musical for this year...
-isha

Beckah said...

I want to, just depends on what the musical is...

Liz said...

I'm the biggest jerk on the planet! I totally forgot that we were going to chat! I'm sorry. I don't think there'll be another time to chat anytime soon; I have to pack and clean, but I guess that's sort of okay, cause I will see you in person the day after the day after the day after TOMORROW! It sounds sooner that way. I love you--drop me an e-mail or something!

Just me said...

fat chance you'll get to do it, though you'd probably do it ten times better then Becky...Jacobson's just stupid like that...not to mention other ways. Hopefully we'll end up doing a musical where there isn't much dancing...or much blocking, considering how Jacobson handles that too.
-Jillian

Beckah said...

Lol, yeah. But it would be tons of fun to choreograph. It wouldn't be very professional, cause I've never really taken classes, but I guarantee it would be fun. And don't worry, I'm going to write that blog soon.

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.