Monday, June 06, 2005

Why DOES that chicken taste like tuna?

Today is a happy day, for numerous reasons.

The Tony's: Hugh Jackman hosted (and he is one very very attractive man), and SPAMALOT WON THE BEST MUSICAL AWARD! HUZZAH! I was so happy. I thought that "The Light in the Piazza" was a given, considering how many awards it got, but to my delightful surprise, it didn't and Spamalot got that wonderful honor. Yay! How exciting. And I want to see "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee." It looks funny.

My mom: my mom was here from Saturday through Monday, and it was really fun. We had fun spending time together. It's always fun to talk and just hang out, so that was enjoyable.

Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy: I have joined the cult as well. On my quest to find the Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy to read, I discovered a marvel that I ended up buying. Each of the books was about $5.95 each, but I found a book that includes all five stories in the Hitch-hikers series, plus an extra story, for only $15. And of course I bought it. It's going to be lots of fun exploring the mysteries and comical pleasures of Douglas Adams.

Not to mention I have the house to myself for five days, AND I have access to a car. Yippee. This is going to be great.

On a final note, I would like to include this wonderful poem that I just recently discovered in this month's issue of the New Era.


On Trails Unknown
by Matthew Wright

Alone I travel on trails unknown,
On untrod paths far from my home,
But never will I question why,
Never, friend, will I deny
The truth.

Though I'm chased by murderous bands,
Savage mobs with bloodstained hands,
Who threaten me with calls to die,
Friend, I swear, I'll not deny
The sacred truth.

I'll fight with all my strength possessed,
'Til heart and mind lose life and breath,
'Til under mounds of earth I lie.
No, friend, I will not deny
The Christ.

Now to thee, these words I pass,
On worlds where truth may always last.
From olden days and times I cry,
Please, my friend, do not deny
The Christ.

Love to all! :)

6 comments:

Just me said...

THAT'S FREAKY!! I was reading that New Era last night and was all "I think I'm going to put this poem in my blog, it's so awesome!" I absolutly love that poem! Anyway, SPAMALOT ROCKS MY WORLD!!! Did you know it was nominated for 14 Tony's but only won, like, 3? And that Light in the Piazza was written by Richard Rodger's grandson? I was about to scream when the hot Italian guy came on during their musical number and then the number ended RIGHT when he became a main object of attention. I was like "SING TO ME!!" And I just realized this is a freakishly long comment, so I'm going to go finish cleaning my rooms now. Toodles!

Beckah said...

That is really weird, to both of you. But I won with the poem! And yay Spamalot! But yes, that Italian guy was really attractive. Hey, who did Norbert Leo Butz play in Wicked? Wasn't he Fiyero?

Anonymous said...

If I may clarify, your loving though truly not made-of-money MOM bought your book! Which gives me unlimited borrowing privileges to be activated at ANY TIME!

I love you!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Just me said...

ha, you gotta love mothers. Yeah, he played Fieyro which is weird cuz i always assumed that guy would be freakishly hot - kind of like the Italian guy - but he's really..um..not? yeah, there's my two cents.
-Jillian
p.s. yeah, you won the poem, but I got the coolest exerpt from a book that i think i'll put up...it's pretty sweet

Beckah said...

Ha ha. That's right mom. I love you so much, so a big giant thank you again for buying it. I love it so much! Yeah, I thought he'd be hot, too, but I didn't realize that it was him till they announced his name, and then I was like, what? Wasn't he Fiyero? It totally tripped me out. Oh well.

Just me said...

OHMIGOSH! I'm listening to "The Light in the Piazza" and the dude that played Link, the attractive supposedly Italian guy? *melts in chair* ohmigosh...he sang this gorgeous song in Italian...*sigh*
-Jillian
p.s. oh, we also got Brooklyn, Spamalot, the Putnam County spelling Bee, and Little Women, but THIS GUYS ROCKS MY WORLD!

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.