Wednesday, June 29, 2005

"What the heck, he thought, you're only young once, and threw himself out of the window."



I decided to take a page out of Liz's book and put a picture in my blog. And I rather like this one. Quite amusing. The title is about Ford Prefect by the way. He's definitely one of my heroes. You really have to read the book to fully understand his coolness.

Today has been a rather boring day so far. I still have to do my laundry (which I'm working on, but I can't continue it because I have to wash the clothes that I'm wearing, and I have to wear these clothes tonight, so I just have to wait to do my laundry until later tonight when I can get out of these clothes) and I still have to pack, but I figure that I'll probably end up doing that at like 11 tonight. Besides, we're going to Boise, and I can sleep in the car, and then there's two flippin' hours in Reno where I have nothing to do until my flight comes in. Oh well. I've saved my nickels. : )

So yeah. Hitch hiker's Guide to the Galaxy is truly genius. I'm not kidding. It's simply brilliant. I mean, all of the books are completely different, and so there's lots of threads of stories but then in the very end of the very last book it all comes together. It's the kind of thing where you just kind of nod and smile and go "oh yeah, that makes sense." It's wonderful. I would recommend it to anyone. Though beware. There is a bit of language in it, but it doesn't get too bad. Just be forewarned.

I get to go to California tomorrow! I'm so excited. We're going to the city on Saturday, and the baseball game, and I get to go to church and go to the beach and maybe go sailing! It's going to be great fun. Not to mention I'll be able to hang out with the coolest mom in the history of the Western Arm of the spiral of our galaxy! Huzzah! I'll keep you all updated, and if anything extremely weird or excited happens, I'll think about telling you.

Well, I'd better go, but I hope that Dan has a fun time in Eugene, Jill has an awesome time getting ready/going to Europe, and that everyone else will have fun in whatever they're going to do for the next week. So love to all! Shalom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blushing Mom says, "Please bring the Douglas Adams collection with you when you come! I want to read it, too!" I must, after all, maintain my coolness SOMEHOW!

Love you, lovely one!

Mom
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Liz said...

Yeah picture! Yeah Hitchhikers! Yeah California! And most of all yeah you because you rock and I love you a lot!

Beckah said...

Uh, yeah! Yeah for Liz who is da bomb! Yeah for California where it's warm and sunny! Yeah for Hitch hiker's which I just finished and so it all makes sense! Yeah for life! I'm happy.

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.