Friday, June 10, 2005

"Life," said Marvin dolefully, "loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."

And I am going to turn around and completely refute that statement. Refute? Is that the word I'm looking for? Hmmmm. One moment please. (dictionarying) Ah, yes. Refute. And I really like how I went to look up a word for a blog right after I made one up. How interesting.

Well, keeping with the making up of the wording, now for the refuting.

Life is wonderful. It really is. Sure there are low points, but there are also high points. And if there weren't any low points then you wouldn't really come to appreciate the high points. I mean, the high points wouldn't be very high if you weren't coming from somewhere low, as opposed to level ground, yeah? Or in the words of some of the craziest people on Earth, "eh?" And can you imagine how boring life would be if it were a completely flat road? Can you imagine going to a amusement park and paying ten bucks to ride something that stays on level ground the entire time? That's what trains are for. Geesh.

But going on, yeah, I've had some hard times. Who hasn't? But if you dwell on those hard times, then you won't see the good times or the high times or whatever you want to call it for what they really are. You just have to take what life throws at you. And when things get rough, just laugh it through, and you'll sure have some good memories to tell your grandchildren. Has anyone ever had those kind of grandparents who spend all their time telling you how horrible life was for them and how nothing ever went right and they survived a war and everything? I don't know about you, but that's not exactly cranberry sauce on my wheat rolls. (I've actually seen people do that, and somehow, it just doesn't appeal to me).

So in the words of that wise and caring spider, Charlotte, "chin up." There are many things in this life to be thankful for. And while there are things I regret, and paths I wish I didn't have to trod on, the sun was shining, and the birds were singing, and the trees were green with life. (Try and get the imagery, if nothing else). I love you all, those to whom I am close, those who are just acquaintances, and those who I have yet to meet. You have all changed my life in some way, and I am grateful. For the ups and downs we've shared together, for the laughter and fun, for the tears when we parted. Thank you.

(And no, I'm not "on" anything. My prescription ran out a month ago. ; )

*And if you're looking for a little something to cheer you up, or just for a good laugh, this completely weird and delightfully entertaining video is now at your disposal. Just go to

http://savemartha.com/

and scroll down close to the bottom of the page, and click on "the singing kid video translated." And enjoy to the best of your ability.

2 comments:

Just me said...

hey, if you need a refill on those meds I may be able to help you out. I know some people who know some people...but you didn't it from me.
-Jillian
p.s. you're absolutly right...in the wondeful words of "My Turn on Earth" you can never know the good if you never know the bad.

Beckah said...

Oh, of course. We always keep quiet. Secrets never escape from us...

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.