Monday, June 05, 2006

"The notes are only seven." ~Andrea Bocelli


You know, as I was bike riding around today, I realized just how beautiful it is here. Most of the streets that I was riding along looked like this. The houses are all old and Victorian, there is one that is simply gorgeous. It's big and white and has this awesome porch and there are vines and trees and plants all around it and it's amazing. I'll take a picture someday. But as I was riding along, I just thought of how happy I was to be back here. The streets are beautiful and all I can hear are the birds, the sunlight is filtering through the trees, and the breeze blowing in my face smells of the ocean. Hopefully I get a job down at the Alameda Towne Square because I would love to have to do that ride every day. And I must be in better shape than I thought because I rode everywhere and I'm not sore at all. Well, my butt is, but I think that was just the seat.

I cut my hair and it's amazing. It's so much lighter and cooler. It feels so comfortable to get all that weight off my head. Oh, several things. One, I got that quote because Andrea Bocelli was on KQED when we wanted to watch Antiques Roadshow, and he said "The notes are only seven." ? We think it means that he only knows seven notes. Maybe that's why we can't stand him. We also discussed the implications of Andrea Bocelli, Kenny G, and Yanni all doing a concert together, and the rift in the universe it would create, destroying all forms of life as we know it. I also learned how to play the didgeridoo that night. And I can tell you that you can't play the didgeridoo while laughing, but it is impossible not to laugh while playing the didgeridoo. It tickles. Anyway, I'm listening to Decemberunderground and loving what I'm hearing. I love Jade's voice, that's all I'll say. Oh, and Jeffrey? Guess who's picture I got? Adam! Ha ha! I'm very happy. With everything.

I actually was gone for about four hours getting applications and getting my hair cut and stuff. It really didn't feel that long. I left at about 11:30 and got back at a quarter to four. So I watched another Planet of the Apes movie. I only have one left to go. My goal was to watch them all before the end of the week, but that seems kind of stupid now. Pantherius is completely crazy, and we think that he has OCD now too. He licks constantly. Oh well. It's kind of hot in here. I miss you all and are thinking of you. I can't wait to go to EFY though, and hang out with Steven and Logan and Coop and Conklin. It's going to be beautiful. I can't really think of anything else to say. I guess I could go fill out applications now. But that's not fun. Maybe I'll watch the last Planet of the Apes movie while I do that. Wow, what a pointless existence I have. Mom won't be home till 7:30. Maybe I'll go on a walk. You know, actually, that sounds like a good idea. Maybe I'll bike down to the beach and hang there for a while. Yeah...Love to all. Shalom!

2 comments:

pev said...

YAY Beckah! Way to have fun down there. Only a couple more days! I hope you are loving it down there. I love you tons!

Just me said...

you have a beach? *sigh* I must now disown you.
-Jillian
p.s. I WANNA SEE YOUR HAIR!

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.