Friday, June 23, 2006

"Have you ever interdigitated?"


I found this old picture of San Francisco, and decided that it was appropriate to use because this blog will be about that very place. Well, it's a bit different now, but it's still the same lovely place.

Today was a Spare the Air day and so BART and the buses and even the ferry was free, but I didn't take the ferry. I thought about it, but then decided against it. I was too lazy to find out when it left and stuff. But yeah, because of the freedom (and free-dom, ha ha), I took the bus to the Fruitvale BART and then BARTed to the Embarcadero Station, which takes me to San Francisco, right by the pier. So I spent the day wandering around San Fran. Nothing really significant happened. I bought the Incredibles at Rasputin music, and three cards from a little card shop for Mollie, Steven, and Liz. Liz's is the best, I'll post a picture of it on here soon. I did have an awesome experience, because I brought my camera with me, and as I was wandering around I saw a myriad of posters about iPods. There was a picture of a sheep that said "iSheep say bah." And a guy hanging from strings with the token "Have you become an iPuppet?" And my favorite, a robot with the slogan, "iDroid. Programmed to comply." Well, I thought it was very interesting, so I went to take a picture of it, and just as I was doing so, two guys with iPods walked by. I took the picture and I think that I just got the second guy in the shot, but it was amazing. It was a fabulous reality, I might even say. It was awesome. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it is interesting. If you want to check out the poster, go to idont.com and click on materials. I think that they're rather clever.

I also took a picture of a beautiful brick building with trees all lined in front and the sunlight filtering through to create patterns on the wall. Who knows if it will turn out, but it was very pretty. I also walked some of the more shady streets in the city, including where all the "men's houses" were. Actually, one of them caught my eye and made me laugh, because the advertisement on the building said "continuous live nude girls on stage!" As opposed to "continuous dead nude girls on stage!" I thought it was funny. But I guess that's not for everyone. However, I did see an ad for RENT live at the...oh, the something theatre. Dang, now I can't remember. Oh well, I doubt I would have been able to go anyway. Oh yeah, the Golden Gate Theatre. But yeah. That was kind of cool. That was about it though. It seemed strange that I walked around for about two and a half hours and didn't really do much, but I saw so much, and that's what I really love to do, just watch people. When I first got there, I got a sourdough bagel (which was amazing) and an apple juice at Noah's Bagels and just sat outside and watched the people go by. I love doing that. But then I came home and had some pizza and watched the Incredibles (which just gets better every time I see it) and now I'm content. Tomorrow I'm going with my mom and JoRene to see 1776, which Ray is in, and then we're all going out to dinner afterwards. I'm going to Singles Ward on Sunday (freaky!) and then going to Carla's to hang out with Gwen and Lenna. So I should have a pretty good weekend before I have to go back to pounding the pavement to look for a job. Oh, and congrats to Jill and Jeff, who now work at Bear Mountain Pizza. Hope that I can get a job soon too.

I had the weirdest dream last night. Well, I had quite a succession of dreams. You know how you wake up, and then say, oh I'm going to shut my eyes for a few more minutes and then you wake up an hour later? I did that all morning, and some weird dreams came out of it. I'm not going to go into detail, but Melissa and I tried to sneak into the choir room at the BYU campus at night but got caught, Jill let a 13 year old boy drive the White Knight while she and I spent the entire drive trying to find the Sons of Provo soundtrack, and Kelly Clarkson was at an EFY event. Talk about weird. I don't remember what I ate before I went to bed. Maybe it was the mint ice cream. And crap, I had some more tonight. Well, we'll see if I have weird dreams tonight. Anyway, I think that's about it in my life for right now, I'm still lonely so don't hesitate to call, and love to all! Shalom

P.S. I forgot to add something. I had lost my wallet at the airport here in Oakland, or on the plane somewhere or something, but nothing really important was in it, my Safeway Club card, my Albertson's Preferred card, my frequent buyer card from Hot Topic. The only thing important that was in there was my check card. Whoops. So I called and cancelled it and got a new one and that was all hunky dorey. So I got a package in the mail today from Southwest Airlines and you know what was in it? My wallet! Yay! Now I can save money at Safeway again! Thank you Bettie, Margaret and Woody! You're my heroes of the day!

2 comments:

Beckah said...

Oh, and insert: interdigitated = holding hands

pev said...

agh! you aren't supposed to tell them!!! HEY! I recorded my song finally! Ben just gave me the throwdown cd.. edited a little.. not finalized.. and i going to figure a way to post it up here somehow. thanks for posting often.. it gives me something to read!

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.