Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Poised on the Edge of a Springboard


I feel a great anticipation, though over what I'm not sure. I feel something is going to happen. Do I have to do something about it? Will it happen to me naturally or do I have to do something, say something, to make it happen? And what is it anyway?

Maybe I'll find a better job. Maybe I'll write a great novel based on my limited experience and knowledge. Maybe I'll meet the girl of my dreams at "Ghost Light" tomorrow. "Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps."

The sky looks like it does in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" when the aliens come to kidnap the little boy. Maybe that's what I'm anticipating. ; )

Today I missed Garfield Street. It holds fond memories of my first year at SOU, the hope chest of a new beginning. I miss the rare occasions we would all hang out, me and Will and Dai and Dylan, playing Rock Band or talking about politics and religion. Hanging out with a bunch of guys. That was fun.

I'll let you know when it happens. Whatever it is. Until then...

Shalom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's the next Great Depression, after the government defaults on its debt.

Hope not!

Love you lots, and glad to see you writing!

Mom
XOXOXOXOXO

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.