Monday, October 31, 2005

Is this part of your master plan to destroy all joy from the universe?

Today is a dismal day in the life of Rebekah Jon Whittaker. I love Halloween, but I went to school as a Newsie, and all day I've been fighting to keep my hat, for what's a Newsie without his (or her) hat? But I can't contend with this many people, and I have surrendered. For the time being. I still want it back, but it's not in my power to get it right now. So my entire day has pretty much gone down the drain because I don't have my hat.

I don't even know if I want to go to this party tonight. Oh, I know I will, and I know I'll probably have fun, but I just don't want to be around people anymore. School is enough socializing for me, and then I'm ready to just go home and read a good book or watch a good movie or take a nap. Anything where I don't have to talk to people. I have fun for a while and then it just gets tedious, trying to make everyone happy and trying to keep up a cheerful act, when all I want to do is hide in my room and doodle and listen to music. Music has that amazing quality to calm me down. Or hype me up, depending on the music.

My head hurts, from people grabbing the hat off my head, but accidentally grabbing hair with it.

What I really want right now is a big bag of candy corn, a big cup of ice water, and to watch Newsies. Well, I can do the last one, I guess.

6 comments:

Liz said...

Wah. I'm sorry people kept stealing your hat. What scum. I hope you did get a chance to eat candy corn, drink ice water, and watch Newsies. And that you eventually got your hat back. And that your day got a little better. I totally know what you mean about not so much socializing. It sounds like you're a pretty even balance introvert/extrovert, maybe leaning a little towards the former. Jen's the same way too. I love you lots and can't wait to see you in three weeks!

isha said...

no she's toally an introvert...
hehehe lol..
love you beckah
-isha

Anonymous said...

A Newsie huh? We just watched that movie with Ralph and Steve last night! I remember I was a newsie for one of our harvest parties like 8 years ago.

Beckah said...

I can picture you as a Newsie....oh......Ralph and Steve..............:( I miss them.

Liz said...

I miss Ralph and Steve too! A couple of nights ago I watched the "Dancing at Lughnasa" video and I started missing everyone so much! Gee, what fun people. I told a story about them to my friend Shaun the other night and he didn't believe me about their names. O ye of little faith! Hey, look, a different profile picture.

isha said...

yeah..they are way cool. *sadness* wishing they were somehow here right now...wishing they were somehooooow near. ooooonne whole year, away from medford...I want to see then again!

okay I'm done sining phantom now...hehehe lol
-isha

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.