Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Alas, the legend of "Crikey! Look at the size o' that one!" is no more.

I want to dedicate this blog to Steve Irwin, the ever-famous Crocodile Hunter, who died yesterday at the barb of a sting ray. His khaki, risk-ready form will forever be in our hearts.

How sad. But at least he didn't die in a car accident or something. At least he gave his life to the wild...or something like that.
Well, I'm here in beautiful Rexburg, I just got back from my two classes of Tuesday, ready to eat lunch, go to the Devotional and take a nap! I stayed up till one last night, talking with roomies and eating ice cream. It was good times. But I had geology (Natural Disasters) and Russian today, and when I found out that I needed textbooks for Russian, I went to the Bookstore and spent another $127! What fun. I will sure be glad when I can return that one book and get money back for it on Thursday. Liz and I are going to the Rockapella concert on Friday, that's pretty cool. Um, I think some of the bishopric is coming over tonight. Maybe we should make cookies or something.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I tried out for Vocal Union yesterday, and my audition went pretty well. The song that she had to read rhythm from is one that I knew, and was singing just that morning. I told her that. The song went well, but she didn't check my range or anything so I don't know if I'm going to be called back. Which wouldn't really be bad, because here's the thing. If I don't make call-backs, that's all fine and dandy, I'll just concentrate on my Spitfire audition and do that. If I DO get called back, then I have to go tomorrow from 3-5 and then my Spitfire audition at 7. If I do well on Spitfire auditions AND Vocal Union call-backs, then I would much rather do that, because if I stayed in Vocal Union, it completely conflicts with all of the theatre plans I had, and I would much rather be involved in theatre than this choir. So we'll see how it goes.

I'm actually going to go because I am quite hungry, but I love you all and I'll try to post more often so you know what's going on in my life. Love to all! Shalom

7 comments:

pev said...

Oooo.. school started already for you. Gross. You're going to be soo busy now... :( Have fun.

Liz said...

Hizzah for the fact that I'm still in my pajamas right now. Pooh pooh on the fact that it's because I feel icky. I really want my sinuses to start cooperating with me in the next few hours. Love you.

pev said...

posted :)

Anonymous said...

rebekah!!! I miss you so much! how are you doing? you should email me: crazyjesusfreak_324@charter.net

-Chelsea

Anonymous said...

I'd like to know where you got the photo of the Wattstown Funeral from....????

It clearly has imprinted on it 'Tribute to the Rhondda', which is my website.....!!!

I'd don't mind people 'using' items from the site as long as they ask first which I know you haven't. Please explain

Beckah said...

Oh Garreth, I'm so very sorry, I had no idea! I got the picture off of a Google image search, and I didn't think to find out where it was from. I'm very sorry for using the picture without your permission, especially in a way that you might not find appropriate. I'll remove it if you would like me to. Thank you for making me aware of this, and I'll be more careful in the future.

Beckah said...

Oops, sorry for spelling your name wrong too. I'm not doing so hot today.

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.