Monday, January 23, 2006

"He let the contents of the bottle do the thinking, can't shake the devil's hand and say you're only kidding." ~They Might Be Giants


Life is treating me pretty good right now. My new schedule is fine so far, rehearsal isn't as awful as I pretend it is, I'm not really sick anymore, and our Tim Burton fest was about the sweetest thing ever! I'm glad we ended with Edward Scissorhands. It's such an emotional deal for both of us, and we were able to talk a lot afterwards. (Oh, if you didn't know, "us" would be me and Jeff. Jeff and I. Whatever.) Sure, I got in trouble for it, but it was worth it. I would do it again any day. I would just call my parents first.

I finally gave Steven his Christmas present, and he was so happy! It was so cute. He was like, five years old, all excited and everything. And with his new glasses, he's going to be the toast of the town now. Ladies everywhere. What fun. For me, I get to make fun of him.

This is just going to be a post (because I haven't posted in about a bazillion years, yes, that long) and so it's just going to be lots of random thoughts all in one paragraph. So hold your noses and blow your horses, here we go!

Abish started to eat my brownie last night while it was sitting on the floor. And yes, I'm still going to eat it. I've eaten things that babies have slobbered all over and the like, so I'm not really grossed out. I forgot my Safeway club card sign up thing again, but Jacobson will just have to deal with that. I need to learn the dance that I missed for rehearsal on Friday cause I was sick and threw up and fainted, which was a very bizarre experience. I was fine the rest of the weekend, and I feel a little faint today, but I think we're going to be good. Yes, we. I'm going to go home for lunch today because we have yummy lasagna that we can eat. And my calculator's there. And I start Calculus today. I also start AP Lit, which I have with dear Maegan, whom (ugh, whom?), who I miss a lot, we don't really hang out anymore, and we haven't had a real class together (no, choir doesn't count) since first semester last year. Starting at this school together, ending at this school together. Kind of cool, actually. I think it's going to be a pretty cool class, we have some neat people in it. My tummy kind of hurts too. Maybe not such a good sign. I don't want to stay at school, I'm already falling asleep but luckily I don't have rehearsal tonight, yay! I get to take a nap or watch a movie or something exciting like that. I need more sleep. I shouldn't have gone to bed so late last night, even though it was 10:45 or so. Not too late. But now I actually have to shower before I go to seminary because I have a first period now, whoo hoo! I shouldn't seem so happy, cause that wasn't sarcasm. I know how hard it is to tell on a computer screen. I had a dream about Jason Lewis and Casey Halling last night, it was a little weird. I think it was my birthday and they were being really nice to me, being all gentlemanly and stuff, complimenting me. It was nice. Liz was there too, now that I think about it. I might get to go to Medford! Ah! The parents said it was ok cause Jeff is going to Ashland to check out SOU and he said that I could hitch a ride and I just have to find a place to stay which I don't think will be a problem cause I know people but I want to help pay for gas and it really excites me cause I think it's coming up soon and I should probably take a breath now cause I haven't been because I'm so excited which doesn't really make sense because I'm typing. And you can't breathe while you're typing. Well, you can. But long sentences aren't a problem when you're typing because typing has nothing to do with breathing. Pickles?

I think I'm done. I can't really think of anything else to say, except that I love Tim Burton and I can't wait for Corpse Bride to come out and I want the Edward Scissorhands soundtrack. Yeah. The Earth is round. The Sun is large. I wonder where pencils come from?

3 comments:

Just me said...

Pickles...pickles are cool. As is this blog. It almost takes the cake as the most random thing I've read today, but the thing in the table of contents of the calculus book takes the cake where it says something that has to do with pickles and it's dealing with a theorem or something. It's cracked out.
-Jillian
p.s. don't you just love getting in trouble with your parents for staying out too late because you're talking? only to find out if you had called your parents wouldn't have minded? Ah, the joys of being a teen!

Liz said...

Pencils come from the mind of Joseph Dixon, who, in 1829, introduced the first graphite pencils as writing utensils. As an inventor, Dixon founded the Joseph Dixon Crucible Company, which by his death in 1869 was the largest distributer of graphite products in the world. The wide-spread demand for pencils was originally the result of the need for a dry, clean, portable writing instrument during the Civil War, as quill pens and ink were difficult to transport and use in battle. I talked to Casey today. I miss him. Sometime I also need to tell you the creepy awesome story of the girl in Walmart who knows you and who I talked to today. Tim Burton rocks. I love you.

Beckah said...

What? Someone knows me? Creepy. And dang you, Maegan! Does that count?

Creative Commons License
Into the Maze of a Mind by Rebekah Whittaker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.